Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Adelheidis

Did you know that the names Adelaide and Alice both come from the same German root name meaning nobility? It's true, and a good way to enter into telling you all that I've just got back from Adelaide.
I went last Wednesday and came back on Monday night. My oldest sister and her son live in Paralowie so I caught up with them on Australia day. I hadn't seen Robert since he was a baby (he'll be ten in a few months), or Kristy since the same visit, so it was really good to catch up.
Amongst other things I went out on the tram to Glenelg and had a look around the city, and I took the bus out to Hahndorf and once again had a look around (they have awesome german style bakeries out there).
I think the highlight of the trip was a tour with the Groovy Grape tour company to the Barossa Valley. We went to the worlds largest rocking horse (what's with Australia and big things seriously...), the whispering wall, 4 wineries for tastings (yes I bought wine) and we also visited Tanunda on the way home. Tanunda is the largest town in the area, but is still tiny.
The last two days I spent in Hillcrest visiting my friend Lora from high school. She has two adorable cats. We didn't really do much, just sat around chatting and watching movies, a perfect catch up. If i ever figure out how to put pictures on here I will post some photos for you.
Oh yeah, I was supposed to tell you about Jules' birthday, nothing too eventful, he was sharing the party with his seven year old nephew, but still lots of fun. Jules' family are quite stereotypical asians in that they love kareoke and have a machine, so we ended up in a big singalong.
Um. I can't think of anything else, this will do for now.
TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home